I’m normally not one for setting goals or resolutions when the new year rolls around. Not because I don’t believe in the power of new beginnings, rather, I believe that you can start fresh whenever you feel necessary. This year, however, I’m determined to accomplish something that I have yet to do in my adult life. To love myself. Sounds simple, right?
Most of my life I’ve been filled with insecurities, fed myself a steady diet of negative self-talk and have been my harshest critic. I’m ready to change my outlook and put an end to my long affair with self-doubt. I know that it is a JOURNEY and in no way do I expect to “fix” myself over a year. Wouldn’t that be nice?! This is my first step in the direction towards self-love, acceptance and giving myself a little grace.
- Appreciating my body for what it looks like and what it can do NOW
- Looking in the mirror and saying kind words about my appearance
- Wearing clothes, shoes and accessories with confidence
- Using makeup to express myself and how I feel
- Bettering myself and growing as a creative
- Focusing on the positive
- Being brave enough to try new things
- Hating my body for what I feel that it is lacking
- Looking in the mirror and pointing out every.single.flaw.
- Thinking that I look silly or like a phony when I try new trends
- Using makeup as a way to hide myself
- Comparing myself to others
- Concentrating on the negative *This one is SO hard for me!*
- Letting the “what ifs” control my decisions
I’m hopeful that over the next year my blog will serve as a way to work towards my goals and share my journey with you. Here’s to 2019!